Learning Curve - 19th July, 2007

Our office was abuzz with a fresh injection of youthful enthusiasm last week in the form of work experience student Selena Colavitti. In addition to helping us with lots of research and data management, Selena lent her hand to writing this week’s guest Open Doors column … “To be honest, what I imagined about working in a real estate office was completely different to what it’s like! As I stepped into the gleaming office of red and gold, I was extremely nervous and wanted to turn around and run home. However, my nerves were soon calmed as I greeted with big smiles. “After working for a week at Century 21 Westside, my understanding of real estate is that it is not just about selling houses and moving onto the next one; you have to be committed to what you are selling and present a good self-image. You need an excellent knowledge of various areas and you need to know your competition! “Century 21 Westside is a completely different environment to what I have experienced at other workplaces. Five minutes after I walked through the door, I felt like I was at home and part of the team. “After I graduate from Brigidine College, I’d like to work in aerospace engineering or anything to do with business. I find analytical areas very interesting and I like business because you are always thinking and on the go. If I decide to do real estate, I would certainly want to work with Century 21.” Thanks Selena! We loved having you. Until next week … Gerard Baden-Clay, Principal Century 21 Westside

No comments: